Crusher jaw plates are the main jaw crusher parts. The jaw plate is in direct contact with the material during work, so it needs to replace regularly. Cruser jaw plates are made by high manganese steel. We had tested with our customer, who use the PE-250*400 jaw crushers and need 39 sets in one month. The crushed material is bluestone, its compressive strength 274.4-294MPa. The test results are:
- Crush capacity: 815 tons/set
- Working life: 95 hours/set
- Wear rate: 45g/t
Based on the test result, the wear out is obvious. Many customers use jaw crusher to crush stone or other material. So we need analysis the crusher jaw plate abrasion reasons and improve its working life.
Crusher Jaw Plate Abrasion Reason
- Crusher jaw plate working situation. Taking the compound pendulum jaw crusher as an example, it can be seen from the figure that the lower part of the fixed amount wears the most, while the moving part wears the most in the middle. In order to explain this phenomenon, the trajectory of each point on the tooth surface is made by computer, and the distribution law of horizontal stroke and vertical stroke is analyzed. The horizontal stroke of the compound pendulum jaw crusher is gradually reduced from the upper part to the middle part of the moving collar, and then gradually increases from the middle to the lower part. The vertical stroke is gradually increased from the upper part to the lower part. The point where the horizontal stroke is the smallest, relatively speaking, its vertical stroke is larger, that is to say, its characteristic value is the largest. When working, the upper trajectory is an ellipse similar to a circle, and the ore is moved to the left and to the left to crush the ore. The trajectory of the lower part of the moving part is an extremely elongated ellipse, which moves upwards and moves upwards to crush the ore. Therefore, the point where the horizontal stroke is the smallest is the transition point of the upper elliptical trajectory deformation from the upper part to the lower part. In this case, when the ore is broken from the upper part to the middle part, the crushing effect is weakened, making it difficult for the ore to be sufficiently broken and retained in the middle. However, due to the large vertical stroke in the middle, it has a forced discharge function, which causes the material to be violently ground and moved, so that the wear in the middle of the moving part is intensified.
- Cavity Reason. Most of China’s jaw crushers use linear and curved crushing chambers. The former is generally used in coarse and medium crusher crushers, and the latter is more used in crushing hard ore. In the case of crushing the same material, the wear of the fixed tooth plate is twice that of the movable tooth plate. The curved crushing chamber is used. The degree of wear of the fixed tooth plate can be improved. This is because the curved crushing chamber moves the blocking point of the discharge port upward, the material void rate is large, and the discharge port is less likely to be blocked.
- Tooth Type Reason. The jaw plate of jaw crushers are usually triangular or trapezoidal. Generally, the trapezoidal tooth wears more than the triangular tooth, and the tooth plate has a long service life. However, the function of the triangular tooth is better to crush the rock under the same crushing force.